THANK YOU to those of you who attended the Joint Awareness Vigil on Saturday, September 14, 2013. We were moved to see so many friends and family in attendance. The vigil was very helpful in raising public awareness of our search for SEAN, and generating new tips.
Sean has now been missing for 4 months!
Based on information to date, we feel that Sean is very likely homeless, wandering aimlessly and too ill to ask for help, or to know that he needs help. Locating him will NOT be easy. With your help, we are doing everything in our power to locate Sean.
IT IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE WORD OUT !!!!!
Here are just a few of the things that are being done to help locate Sean:
1. The ‘National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’ (“NCMEC”), in conjunction with its corporate poster partners has posted Sean’s fliers in the Western United States and Washington, D.C.
2. “Project Jason”- In 2003, Kelly Murphy established “Project Jason”, after her 19 year old son, Jason, vanished without a trace in June 2001, from Omaha, Nebraska. See www.projectjason.org. Project Jason, assists families of missing persons and has several very creative programs designed to raise public awareness of missing persons:
“18 Wheels Angel Program”
18 Wheel Angels is an all volunteer program in which truck drivers volunteer their time and resources to help locate missing loved ones.
During the month of September 2013, Sean will be featured in several Truckers magazines. Truckers driving across the United States, will be downloading and posting SEAN’s ’18 Wheels Angel’ flier as they travel. A copy of Sean’s 18 Wheel Angels Flier is featured in this post. Thank you to Project Jason and all the 18 Wheel Angels posting Sean’s fliers!!
“Come Home Program”
Come Home is a unique national missing person’s locator program sponsored by Project Jason. Come Home posters are placed at homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and other locations where homeless persons gather. In the near future, a “COME HOME” poster will be designed for SEAN by Project Jason. Sean’s ‘COME HOME’ poster will be downloaded and posted by homeless shelters and soup kitchens across the nation, who have agreed to partner with PROJECT JASON to help locate missing persons.
Thank you Project Jason for all you have done!!!!
3. “MISSING” TV SHOW - Sean will be featured on the TV show, “Missing”, the week of October 21, 2013 on KTVU Channel 2 (San Francisco). We will provide more specific information as to the exact time and date, as soon as possible.
4. Billboards – LostNMissing, a non profit organization supporting families of missing persons, has negotiated for display of a billboard at Valencia Street (BETWEEN Duboce & Market St) in San Francisco, featuring Sean and the 4 other young men missing from San Francisco: Chrishtian Hughes, Shawn Dickerson, Cameron Remmer and Jackson Miller. The billboard is UP – COME AND SEE IT! Thank you LostNMissing!!!
5. Mass Mailing to Law Enforcement – Starting with San Francisco, then expanding to every city in California and beyond, we will be mass mailing a letter and Sean’s flier to law enforcement across the United States. Believe it or not, this has located some missing persons.
6. Mass Mailing to Soup Kitchens and Homeless Shelters – Starting with San Francisco, then expanding to every city in California and beyond, we will be mass mailing a letter and Project Jason’s “Come Home” flier to homeless shelters and soup kitchens across the United States. This has worked for some.
7. Posting Sean’s Fliers – We will continue to post Sean’s fliers. Tips continue to come in from the fliers posted by all of you. If you need fliers to post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- If you have ideas or contacts that might help use raise public awareness of Sean’s plight, please contact us at 415.713.5913 or email@example.com.
- If you would like to help with our mass mailing efforts to law enforcement (or later, to soup kitchens and homeless shelters), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will send you fliers, envelopes and stamps along with a list of cities we are working on.
- Continue posting Sean’s fliers, even posting 1 flier each day HELPS so much!!!!!
THANK YOU TO SO MANY OF YOU WHO CONTINUE TO WORK TIRELESSLY ON SEAN’S BEHALF!!!!
Lynn, Claude and Danielle