TIPS AND SIGHTINGS
This week, we (Sean’s parents) viewed 2 video surveillance tapes based on tips provided by the public. The persons calling in the tips noted the exact location of “Sean” and advised us that there was a surveillance camera on the route that “Sean” walked. While the ‘tips’ were NOT Sean, video surveillance was an effective way of confirming this information. The tips are not as frequent as before, however, this may be attributed to the fact that the San Francisco Police’s telephone number was added to Sean’s flier after the REWARD was announced in late July. We have recently REVISED Sean’s flier to include our telephone number as the primary “TIP CALL IN” number (see below).
Next week, volunteers will be searching the Tenderloin District in San Francisco, for Sean. In hopes of generating more tips, the volunteers will be POSTING Sean’s NEWEST FLIER. The NEWEST FLIER uses our (Sean’s parents) telephone at 415.713.5913 as the “TIP” call in number. We did this because several people reported that no one answered the telephone when they called San Francisco Police to report a tip! Also, it is uncertain whether San Francisco Police follows up on every tip.
THANK YOU to all of you who helped POST Sean’s NEWEST FLIER last week. Hopefully, this will help generate more leads to Sean’s whereabouts. There are still many people who do not know about the search for Sean. Others believe that Sean has been found. The most common comment we hear when posting is, “You still haven’t found him?”
Unfortunately, we still have not found Sean. The REVISED FLIERS make this clear, with the heading, “STILL MISSING”.
IS THAT “SEAN”?
It may be difficult to recognize Sean if he has been living on the streets since May 21, 2013, the day he vanished. Here are some hints to pass on:
- SEAN HAS BRIGHT SILVER BRACES ON HIS TEETH!!!!!!
- SEAN has DIMPLES.
- SEAN will probably have “BIG HAIR”. Sean’s hair is wavy and gets ‘puffy’ as it grows.
- SEAN will likely be confused and disoriented.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SEE “SEAN”:
Put Sean’s picture and our telephone number (415.713.5913) in your cell phone.
If you see “Sean” -
1. CALL US (Sean’s parents) at the number on the POSTER anytime - at (415.713.5913). San Francisco Police will NOT follow up on ALL TIPS. WE WILL. If you don’t have our number, call 9-1-1. San Francisco Police are well aware of the search for Sean.
2. Note the precise information: street location (and cross streets), the exact time that you spotted Sean (this may help if there are surveillance cameras nearby); description of clothing Sean is wearing, whether another person is accompanying Sean, whether Sean is carrying anything such as a bag or backpack.
If you can, stay with “Sean” until help arrives.
3. TAKE A PICTURE OF “Sean” with your CELL PHONE and send to us (Sean’s parents) at: 415.713.5913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO HELP
- HELP INCREASE TIPS, by posting Sean’s NEWEST FLIER with the NEW TIP CONTACT NUMBER - 415.713.5913. This will ensure that ALL tips are checked out. Even posting 1 or 2 fliers a day helps.
Email email@example.com for fliers, or download from www.seansidi.com or facebook.com/findseansidi.
- SEAN MAY BE UNRECOGNIZABLE AT FIRST GLANCE. LOOK CAREFULLY at each person laying on the ground or walking around – IT MAY BE SEAN!!!
- Attend the ‘Joint Awareness Vigil’, Saturday, Sept 14, 2013 at 2 pm, Music Concourse at Golden Gate Park.
Thank you !!!
The SIDI Family
Sean Sidi with father Claude Sidi.